ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Frauenkirche

Alle 12 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Frauenkirche
Church of Our Lady
100062

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]
Barock

Nutzung

Kirche (Evangelisch)

Fakten

  • The foundation stone was laid on August 26, 1726.
  • After the war, the ruins were left as a memorial to WWII - and as a warning against such a catastrophe ever happening again.
  • During reconstruction, around 8,000 original stones were used; these are charred black from the conflagration which explains the church's 'speckled' appearance.
  • Although unfinished, the church was consecrated in 1734.
  • The Protestant Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) was one of the great masterpieces of European Baroque architecture until its destruction February 13-15, 1945, as a consequence of the Allied firebombing of Dresden.
  • The spectacular Pinnacle Cross was presented to the church on February 13, 2000 (the 55th anniversary of Dresden's destruction) by the Duke of Kent.
  • Following German reunification in 1991, a privately sponsored, publically oriented project to rebuild the Frauenkirche was initiated. Despite controversy, this effort has made great progress and aims for completion in 2006.
  • The Pinnacle Cross was paid for by British donations and constructed by British craftsmen, one of whom had a father who was involved in Dresden's bombing.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Neumarkt
Dresden
Sachsen
Deutschland

Technische Daten

299,31 ft
299,31 ft
220,01 ft
1738
1743
2005
1945

Beteiligte Firmen

George Bähr

Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings