The MLC Building was officially opened by Prime Minister Sir Robert Menzies on August 22, 1957.
The MLC Building was Australia's largest office building on completion with over 42,000sqm of office space. It was also the largest steel structure in the Southern Hemisphere.Designed by architects- Bates, Smart & McCutcheon, its design was based on SOM's Lever House in New York. It was the first highrise bldg in Australia to have a public plaza which set the frontage back 13m. The rooftop also boasted a rooftop weather beacon. The original tennants still occupy the building.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?