fromfaraway-view-south-from-notre-damehttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/105759-Medium-fromfaraway-view-south-from-notre-dame.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/105759-Large-fromfaraway-view-south-from-notre-dame.jpgJohn W. Cahillfromfaraway-view-from-the-southhttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/315141-Medium-fromfaraway-view-from-the-south.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/315141-Large-fromfaraway-view-from-the-south.jpgMichael Hiernerlookingup-looking-up-at-the-domehttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/563082-Medium-lookingup-looking-up-at-the-dome.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/563082-Large-lookingup-looking-up-at-the-dome.jpgJonathan Smith
* Der Preis versteht sich als Endpreis inklusive gesetzlicher Mehrwertsteuer, Versandkosten und sonstiger Preisbestandteile. Wir sind gesetzlich verpflichtet, Sie darauf hinzuweisen, dass für die angebotenen Downloads keine Liefer- oder Versandkosten anfallen. Beim Herunterladen von Bildern und anderen Medien können jedoch weitere Kosten durch Ihren Internetprovider entstehen.
The interior features a line of columns with classical entablature separating the nave from the aisles, flattened domes, frescoes, and paintings.
The church was closed during the Revolution. In 1791 the Constituent Assembly elected to use it as the resting place of Enlightenment and revolutionary leaders. Thus it came to be the national Pantheon, the burial place of Mirabeau, Voltaire, Rousseau, and others.
After being put to several different uses during the 19th Century, it was made a lay temple and the resting place of great leaders from all aspects of French culture and history.
The crypt contains the remains of Voltaire, Rousseau, Pierre and Marie Curie and André Malraux.
The Pantheon is one of the first great monuments of the Neo-Classical movement.
The church began as an act of devotion by Louis XV for his recovery from an illness in 1744. Soufflot became architect through his connection with the Marquis de Marigny, to whom Louis entrusted the project. After Soufflot's death, it was completed by his pupil Rondelet in 1789.
Architect Soufflot's intent was to combine the purity and nobility of the Greco-Roman world with the grandeur of the Middle Ages. Inspired in part by St. Paul's Cathedral in London, the concept features a plan in Greek cross form, 361' long and 276' wide, with a huge dome of iron framework at the crossing.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?