ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral

Daten als PDF

Identifikation

St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral
the Scottish Episcopal Cathedral of St. Mary the Virgin
110847

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • A new Episcopal Cathedral was first planned for Edinburgh in the 1790s, but it wasn't until the mid-19th Century that Barbara and Mary Walker decided to bequeath their Drumsheugh Estates to fund it's construction.
  • The foundation stone was laid on 21st May 1874 by the Duke of Buccleuch and Queensberry, and the Nave of the Cathedral was opened on 25th January 1879. The twin western towers were added in 1917.
  • An architectural competition with six entrants was held in 1872. Sir George Gilbert Scott won the commission, but was later asked to add two towers to his design, resulting in today's distinctive triple-tower silhouette.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Palmerston Place
Palmerston Place
EH12
Edinburgh
Schottland
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

295,01 ft
295,01 ft
1874
1879
1917

Beteiligte Firmen

Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings