ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Broderick Tower Lofts

Alle 10 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Broderick Tower Lofts
Eaton Tower, Broderick Tower, David Broderick Tower
118549

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Wolkenkratzer
existent [fertiggestellt]
Stahl
Kalkstein
Mauerwerk
hellbraun
Neo-klassisch

Nutzung

Wohn-Eigentum
Gewerbl. Büroflächen Einzelhandel Restaurant

Fakten

  • Renovation work has begun on the tower following the securing of financing in December 2010.
  • Pre-renovation work on this tower started in the winter of 2005, after much speculation.
  • Was the second tallest building in Michigan when it was completed in 1928.
  • After David Broderick's death in 1957, the tower changed hands many times between 1963 and 1976, finally ending up in the hands of the Higgins family, which retains a stake in the ownership to this day.
  • After his purchase of the tower in 1945, David Broderick created the Sky Top Club on the 33rd floor of the tower, which was a private club used for entertaining Mr. Broderick's associates and guests.
  • The building changed ownership and names in 1945, when the tower was purchased by David Broderick, a Detroit insurance broker, which he then renamed after himself.
  • The tower was originally constructed as the Eaton Tower, named after Theodore Horation Eaton, Jr., an importer and dealer in chemicals and dyes.
  • Once the restoration is complete, the tower will contain retail and entertainment floors 1 through 4 (with a separate mezzanine above floor 1), office space on floors 5 and 6, and residential space on the top floors 7 through 34.
  • This tower is in the Chicago School style topped by a Beaux Arts/Neo-classical inspired crown.
  • Before the decorative cornices were removed, this building was 371'-6" to the top of the parapet wall, and 376'-7" tall to the very tip of the decorative cornice.
  • The tower is not a square, but actually a parallelogram in shape.
  • The humpback whale mural on the rear facade of the building was painted by Metro-Detroit native eco-artist, Wyland and was dedicated on Oct. 13, 1997.
  • The building is currently not in use, except for a restaurant on the ground floor.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

2-12 Witherell Street
1558-1564 Woodward Avenue
10 Witherell Street
48226
Downtown
Detroit
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

369,42 ft
365,92 ft
348,76 ft
35
2
1926
1928
2012
4

Beteiligte Firmen

Louis Kamper

Anzeigen

2012

Kraemer Design Group

Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings