ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

St. Elphin's Church

Alle 4 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

St. Elphin's Church
124041

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • The spire is the third highest of any church in England.
  • The parish church of St Elphin was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086.
  • The entire church was restored during the 1850s and 1860s, at which time the spire was added under the direction of Rector William Quekett.
  • St. Elphin's was badly damaged during the Civil War of the 17th Century, and in 1696 the tower was rebuilt. The nave was rebuilt in 1770 and the south aisle was added in the early 19th Century.
  • A church has existed on this site since 650AD, though nothing remains of the first few original churches up until the 14th Century. The oldest parts of the current church date to 1354, when a substantial church was built by Sir William Boteler.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Church Street
WA1
Warrington
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

280,97 ft
280,97 ft
1354
1867
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings