ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Stark County Courthouse

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Stark County Courthouse
127801

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Flachbau
existent [fertiggestellt]
Beaux-Arts / Historismus

Nutzung

Gericht

Fakten

  • The Courthouse tower rises high above the intersection of Tuscarawas Street West and Central Plaza North. The tower features a clock on all four faces and a quartet of trumpet-blowing angels at the lantern.
  • The Courthouse and Annex were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
  • The courthouse was saved from demolition and renovated rather than have the court and its offices move to a new, modern structure.
  • Fire insurance maps show a former height of 125 feet (38.1 meters) before the sculptures were removed from the top of the tower.
  • The original 1870 courthouse featured two clock towers. When the courthouse was constructed, one of the towers was demolished while the height of today's existing tower was raised.
  • Twenty-fifth U.S. President William McKinley (1843-1901) practiced law in the building as Stark County Prosecutor and his body lay in state in this courthouse following his 1901 assassination in Buffalo, New York.
  • The four angels were removed to prevent potential damage from vibrations during construction on adjacent Central Plaza.
  • The exterior of the building was constructed around the original courthouse, built on the site in 1870.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

115 Central Plaza North
115 Central Plaza North
44702
Canton
Ohio
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

15,04 m
4
1893
1895
1995

Beteiligte Firmen

J. Milton Dyer

Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

1995


Anzeigen

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Städtischer Denkmalschutz
  • Nationales Denkmal
  • Uhr(en) außen sichtbar
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings