ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Romney Building

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Romney Building
Hotel Olds
Jack Tar Hotel
Olds Plaza Hotel
Plaza Hotel
George W. Romney Building
128289

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Hochhaus
existent [fertiggestellt]
Biegesteifer Rahmen
Beton
Backstein
Kalkstein
Mauerwerk
Beaux-Arts / Historismus

Nutzung

Behördenflächen

Fakten

  • It was opened to the public on July 14, 1926 as the 300-room Hotel Olds, built on the site of the Oakland Building.
  • The hotel was purchased by the Jack Tar Hotel chain in 1960 and renovated. And again changed hands in 1970 when a local group of developers purchased and renovated it renaming it the Olds Plaza. It was finally purchased in 1977 by PRD, Inc. and renamed the Plaza Hotel, which closed soon after.
  • The empty building was renovated renovated for office use starting in 1988 for use by the State of Michigan with local architects Hobbs & Black leading the design team. It reopened in 1990, and in 1997 was named after a former Governor of Michigan.
  • The 1990 renovation included the addition of 45,000 square feet wrapped around the original light court of the building, creating an interior atrium beginning on the 4th floor.
  • This building's most prominent tenant is the Governer and some legislative offices.
  • The structural height includes a small parapet that rises above the penthouse roof, supporting decorative cornices on each corner.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

111 South Capitol Avenue
111 South Capitol Avenue
48933
Ward 4
Lansing
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

165,00 ft
158,00 ft
145,00 ft
14
1
1925
1926
1990
5
$1.227.455

Beteiligte Firmen

Holabird & Roche

Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

1990


Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings