ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Old Capitol Building

Alle 19 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Old Capitol Building
Old Thurston County Court House
128935

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Flachbau
existent [fertiggestellt]
Sandstein
Neuromanisch

Nutzung

Behördenflächen

Fakten

  • In 1928 a fire damaged the building.
  • This building served as the Thurston County Courthouse until the panic of 1893 forced the county to sell the building to the State of Washington.
  • Built out of Chuckanut sandstone, it was originally topped by eight turrets and a central, eight-sided clock tower that could be seen from all over town.
  • Renovated and seismically upgraded from 1981-1983 by Tonkin, Hoyne, Lokan Architecture & Urban Design.
  • Willis A. Ritchie was commissioned to design a new east wing to accommodate the legislature and additional state offices that was competed in 1905.
  • The state bought the big stone courthouse for $350,000 in 1901, then served as the Washington State Capitol from 1901 till 1927.
  • The 1949 earthquake destroyed the central clock rotunda and 10 of the 12 conical shaped towers located around the building. This is the same earthquake that damaged the dome and cupola in the new Capitol.
  • It was sensitively renovated in 1993 and currently houses the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
  • The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

South Capitol Way
98501
Olympia
Washington
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

49,10 ft
4
1
1891
1892

Beteiligte Firmen

Willis A. Ritchie

Anzeigen

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Städtischer Denkmalschutz
  • Nationales Denkmal
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings