The Buncombe County Courthouse is faced with cream-colored brick accented by classic details of Indiana limestone and granite.
The courthouse was officially dedicated on December 1, 1928.
This is the tallest county courthouse in the state of North Carolina.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Originally Douglas Ellington, who designed the City Building of Asheville, was to design the courthouse. However, the city felt his design for city hall was too extravagant, and took him off the courthouse project.
The upper five stories originally served as a county jail. The jail was moved out of the building in 1978.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?