The Valide Mosque is located at the northeastern section of the Aksaray Square in the Fatih district of Istanbul. The patron is Pertevniyal Valide Sultan, the mother of Sultan Abdulaziz. The mosque was constructed between 1869-1871 by architect Sarkis Balyan in Neo-Gothic style. Written records state that architect Agop Balyan also participated in the project of the mosque. The mosque was originally part of a complex comprising of a theological school, a mausoleum, a kitchen and a fountain. The subsidiary structures were either demolished, or, like the fountain, transferred to other locations, during the reconstruction of the Aksaray Square between 1956 and 1959.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?