ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Pillsbury A Mill Tile Elevator

Alle 7 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Pillsbury A Mill Tile Elevator
Red Tile Elevator
149965

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Hochhaus
existent [fertiggestellt]
Stahl
Senkkasten-Gründung
Backstein
Mauerwerk
dunkelrot

Nutzung

Industrie (unspezifiziert) Silo

Fakten

  • No longer in operation, this elevator is part of what was once the largest flour mill in the world.
  • Easily visible from the downtown Riverfront and Mississippi River Bridges, a rooftop neon sign flashes the slogan, "Pillsbury's Best Flour".
  • As part of the East Bank Mills, the five floors of the headhouse above the elevators will be converted to one residence each.
  • Although Pillsbury is now part of General Mills, the company still maintains a Research & Development facility on University Avenue, just north of the mill complex.
  • The main mill building has 9 floors and the neighboring elevator has 5 machinery floors above the grain storage tanks.
  • The word 'Impeach' was painted in large white letters just above the top of the elevators on the east side weeks before the 2004 General Elections. They were removed by Thanksgiving.
  • It was added to the National Register of Historic Places and named a National Historic Landmark in 1966.
  • The developers have proposed to complete the renovation of this historic structure by August 2008.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

401 Main Street SE
Main Street SE, 400 block
55414
Marcy Holmes
University
Minneapolis
Minnesota
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

189,00 ft
189,00 ft
7
1909
1910

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Nationales Denkmal
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings