ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Mill City Museum & Stone Arch Plaza

Alle 48 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Mill City Museum & Stone Arch Plaza
Washburn Crosby Mill A, Minnesota Historical Society Heritage Center
174903

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Flachbau
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Gewerbl. Büroflächen Historisches Museum
Einzelhandel café

Fakten

  • This renovation project won a 2004 Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects Minnesota Chapter and was jointly awarded, along with the Minneapolis riverfront, the Top Honor Award from the Waterfront Center.
  • The grain elevators at the easternmost end of the project support a large neon sign reading 'Gold Medal Flour' and loom taller than The Washburn Lofts, another recently renovated part of the original Washburn-Crosby Mill.
  • The complex has two main entrances, one on 2nd Street South, and the other 3 levels lower on West River Parkway.
  • There is an additional entrance off of the new Chicago Plaza, directly across from the Guthrie Theater.
  • A sixth floor was added to the Wheat House (southern) portion in 1917.
  • The structural engineers were recognized with a 2003-2004 Grand Award for Engineering Excellence by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota for the building's renovation.
  • The Wheat House was reconstructed 1928-1930 after a major fire, and again in 2003 as part of the Mill City Museum.
  • The museum includes exhibits on the history of flour milling, the primary industry in early Minneapolis. An 8-level 'Flour Tower' ride is visible from the Mississippi River Road and a 9th-floor observation deck offers panoramic views of downtown and St. Anthony Falls.
  • In 2005 the building won an Honor Award for Outstanding Architecture from the American Institute of Architects national body.
  • The entire Washburn A Mill was named a National Historic Landmark in 1983.
  • The Mill City Museum was formerly part of the Washburn-Crosby Milling Company, the forerunner of General Mills. The building is both renovated space and new construction inside the ruins of the original mill building, which was heavily damaged by fire in 1991 and 1998.
  • The Mill City Museum directly abuts the original Humboldt Mill, which has been renovated with major new construction as part of Humboldt Lofts.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

704-710 2nd Street South
705 West River Parkway
704-710 2nd Street South
55401
Downtown East
Central
Minneapolis
Minnesota
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

111,57 ft
9
1878
2003

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

2003


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Eines der bekannten Bauwerke dieser Stadt
  • Nationales Denkmal
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings