ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

The Block

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

The Block
Block's Department Store, William H. Block Company Building, Lazarus Department Store
176017

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Hochhaus
existent [fertiggestellt]
Stahl
Backstein
Terra-Cotta
Mauerwerk
weiß dunkelrot
Beaux-Arts / Historismus

Nutzung

Mietwohnungen Geschäftlich
Parken

Fakten

  • The same architects designed the competing L.S. Ayres & Company Department Store, now known as Carson Pirie Scott. It was completed six years earlier at a site one block to the southeast.
  • The developer won the Adaptive Use Award from the Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indianapolis at its 2004 Indianapolis Preservation Awards.
  • In February 2003 the city of Indianapolis approved the developer's petition to add a 14-floor tower above the existing building. These plans were never implemented.
  • The building is directly connected via skywalk to the Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown.
  • The building operated as Block's Department Store from 1911 until 1988, and as Lazarus until 1993. It was reconfigured during 2002-2003 into 163 apartments, including the addition of a new 9th floor for penthouse units.
  • Most of the building has 9 floors over ground, but a hidden section rises to 10 floors on the west side.
  • Additions constructed from 1934-1936 were designed by the original architects' successor firm, Vonnegut, Bohn & Mueller.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

34-50 North Illinois Street
101-121 West Market Street
102-128 West Court Street
50 North Illinois Street
46204
Indianapolis
Indiana
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

154,00 ft
154,00 ft
153,00 ft
10
1911
2003

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Anzeigen

2003


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings