ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Church of St. Margaret Lothbury

Alle 7 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Church of St. Margaret Lothbury
207510

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • There has been a church on this site since the 12th Century. This church was rebuilt in 1440 and subsequently destroyed in 1666 by the Great Fire. It was then rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren between 1686 and 1690.
  • St. Margaret's is the parish church of the Bank of England and contains one of the finest examples of English organs, built by George England and first used on Easter Day, 1801. It was restored in 1984, stands in its original case and contains nearly all its original pipework.
  • St. Margaret's is the church of five City of London livery companies.
  • The church's classical portal has been attributed to Sir Christopher Wren's assistant, Dr Robert Hooke.
  • Cited in Simon Jenkins' 'England's Thousand Best Churches'.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Lothbury
Lothbury
EC2
London
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

140,09 ft
140,09 ft
1686
1690

Beteiligte Firmen

Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings