ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Chichester Cathedral

Alle 4 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Chichester Cathedral
the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity
207948

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • Construction of the new cathedral at Chichester began in 1076 under Bishop Stigand and continued into the twelfth century, when in 1108 Bishop Ralph Luffa was able to dedicate the building to the Holy Trinity.
  • Fires in 1114 and 1187 damaged the building, but each time the cathedral was restored and extended, and in 1199 was re-dedicated. Re-building took place throughout the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, at which time the spire was added.
  • During the seventeenth century Reformation, the cathedral suffered extensive damage and, after centuries of neglect, was comprehensively restored in the 1840s. The spire collapsed in 1861, and a new spire was added by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott.
  • The cathedral's detached bell tower is the only one of its kind remaining in England. Inside the cathedral is the Shrine of St. Richard, a bishop of the cathedral who was canonized by Pope Urban IV in 1262.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

West Street
PO19
Chichester
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

276,90 ft
276,90 ft
1076
1108
1861
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings