ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Guild Church of St. Lawrence Jewry

Alle 8 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Guild Church of St. Lawrence Jewry
210219

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • The Church of St. Lawrence Jewry was founded in the 12th Century, and destroyed by the Great Fire of London in 1666. Its modern replacement was build in 1670 to 1687 by Sir Christopher Wren, then gutted by bombs in 1940 and once again rebuilt.
  • St. Lawrence is the official church of the Corporation of London, and stands next to Guildhall, the seat of government in the City of London.
  • The original church built in 1136 was so-called because of its proximity to the twelfth century Jewish community who once lived here.
  • The church was almost totally destroyed by World War II bombs in 1940 and was restored in 1957.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Gresham Street
Gresham Street
EC2
London
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

160,10 ft
160,10 ft
1670
1687
1957

Beteiligte Firmen

Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings