A renovation of the tower saw the removal of existing internal structures to create a 40 metre (131 feet) masonry shaft which houses living accommodation. The remodelling was carried out by Koru Build to the designs of Boyarsky Murphy Architects and was completed in 2006.
This site was previously occupied by a monastery, begun in 1306 by Franciscan monks who acquired the land in 1224. The monastery was huge, measuring some 300ft in length, and became one of England's largest parish churches following the dissolution.
The old church was destroyed in the Great Fire and rebuilt by Wren. It was again gutted by bombs in World War II, and was this time left in its ruined state. Today, only the tower and outer walls remain, with the body of the church dedicated as a public garden.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?