ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Church of St. Edmund the King

Alle 5 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Church of St. Edmund the King
the Church of St. Edmund the King and Martyr
210378

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • The church is dedicated to Edmund, who became the King of East Anglia in 855AD. There was an earlier church on the site, known as 'St. Edmund towards Garcherche' at the end of the 13th Century and 'St Edmund de Lombardestrete' by the middle of the 14th.
  • The main body of the church was built between 1670 and 1676 following the Great Fire, and the spire was added later in 1706.
  • The church is unusual in that it runs north to south rather than the standard west to east, the altar being at the northern end of the church.
  • The church was begun by Sir Christopher Wren but was completed by Robert Hooke.
  • The church was damaged by Zeppelin bombing during the First World War.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Lombard Street
Lombard Street
EC1
London
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

136,15 ft
136,15 ft
1670
1706

Beteiligte Firmen

Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings