ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Fort Henry

Identifikation

Fort Henry
Old Fort Henry
211260

Struktur allgemein

Burg
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Behördenflächen

Fakten

  • Situated atop Point Henry, the Fort protected the naval dockyard at Point Frederick, the entrance of the Rideau Canal, the town of Kingston and the supply routes between Montreal or Ottawa and all points west.
  • The British Army garrisoned Fort Henry until 1870 when Queen Victoria's troops were pulled out of Canada. Soon after, "A" Battery, School of Gunnery, followed by "B" Battery, took up residence in the Fort and remained there until 1891.
  • The Fort was opened as a museum and historic site "in the name of all British soldiers who served there" by Prime Minister Mackenzie King in August 1938.
  • The original Fort Henry was built during the War of 1812 (1812-1814). Between 1832 and 1837, a second fort was built on the site of the first, and it is this fort that stands today.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

County Road 2
Kingston
Ontario
Kanada

Technische Daten

3
1
1832
1837
1938

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Eines der bekannten Bauwerke dieser Stadt
  • Städtischer Denkmalschutz
  • Nationales Denkmal
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings