ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort
Daten als PDF

Hotel Zinzendorf

Identifikation

Hotel Zinzendorf
223646

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Flachbau
abgerissen [zerstört]
Backstein
Mauerwerk
Neo-Renaissance

Nutzung

Hotel

Fakten

  • Features considered modern at the time included telephones and washstands with hot and cold running water in each room; thirty rooms had private baths.
  • Other features included public spaces such as a lobby, ballroom, and dining room, an Otis elevator, and a boiler located in a separate building for safety.
  • The Zinzendorf Hotel was named for Count Nicholas Ludwig von Zinzendorf of Saxony, leader of the revived Moravian Church which founded Salem in 1766.
  • It was developed by the Forsyth Hotel Corp., a group of leading businessmen who felt the growing industrial center of Winston needed a first-class hotel.
  • Though severely distressed financially during the Depression, industrious management made the hotel a money-maker from 1935 until it closed in 1970.
  • The Zinzendorf was eclipsed as Winston-Salem's showplace hotel when the Robert E. Lee opened in 1921.
  • The building was razed in the fall of 1970 to make way for the Federal Building.
  • In 1915, with occupancy running at 95 percent, a large veranda facing Main Street was removed to allow the addition of 40 new rooms.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

229-237 North Main Street
229-237 North Main Street
27101
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

65,00 ft
6
1906
1915
1970
$85.000

Beteiligte Firmen

Hook and Rogers

Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings