ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

St. Nicholas Tower

Alle 4 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben


St. Nicholas Tower
Nikolskaya Tower


Struktur allgemein

existent [fertiggestellt]


  • In 1806 under the supervision of architect L. Roosk, an eight-faceted Gothic style top and a high marquee was raised on the tower.
  • In the 16th and 17th centuries, the tower's gate was used as an entrance to the boyars' estates and the Kremlin's monasteries.
  • The tower was blown up when the French invaders under command of Napoleon were leaving Moscow in 1812.
  • It was rebuilt in 1816-1819 according to the design by architect Osip Beauvais.
  • The tower survived in its original look longer than other Kremlin towers until 1780, when it was overbuilt with a short stone marquee.
  • At the end of the 1930s, a star made of stainless steel and coated with gilt red copper was mounted on the tower's top.
  • In 1937, a new ruby star was installed in place of the steel one.
  • The tower is situated at the eastern side of The Kremlin Wall.
  • Initially, it was built in 1491 by Pietro Antonio Solari.
  • Up to 1935 the tower was crowned by the double-headed eagle.
  • The tower's height without the star is 67.1 meters.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen


City of Moscow

Technische Daten

230,97 ft
230,97 ft
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings