ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

The Alarm Bell Tower

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

The Alarm Bell Tower
The Nabatnaya Tower
234021

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Wachturm
existent [fertiggestellt]

Fakten

  • Originally, it was built in the 1490s.
  • The tower is located at the eastern part of The Kremlin Wall.
  • In 1676-1686, it was overbuilt with a high four-faceted marquee.
  • The main function of the tower was to room the bells of the Saviour’s Nabat (Alarm) - the Kremlin’s fire brigade.
  • In 1771, Tsarina Catherine the Great ordered to tear out the 'trouble-making' tongue of the bell that was ringing during the famous 'Plague Riot'.
  • The tongue-less bell was hanging muted for over than 30 years since 1771.
  • In the early 19th century, when the tower was under renovation, the bell was removed and transferred to The Arsenal , and later in 1851, to The Armoury Chamber.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Kremlin
Kitay-Gorod
Central
Moskau
City of Moscow
Russland

Technische Daten

124,67 ft
124,67 ft
1686
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings