ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Old St. Mary's Church

Daten als PDF

Identifikation

Old St. Mary's Church
St. Mary's Church, St. Marien Kirche
234314

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • Old St. Mary's, or St. Marien Kirche, was the largest church in the Ohio Valley when constructed.
  • It primarily served German Catholic immigrants in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood just north of downtown.
  • The church's bell was cast in 1843 by Levi Coffin, a prominent Quaker and leading figure in the Underground Railroad, which ferried slaves from the southern United States to freedom in Canada. His house near Richmond, Indiana was a stopping point for over 2,000 slaves over his lifetime.
  • Old St. Mary's is the oldest church standing in Cincinnati. It continues to conduct mass in German, English, and Latin.
  • The parish's founder, Father John Martin Henni, went on to found the Milwaukee Diocese and Marquette University.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

123 East 13th Street
1250 Clay Street
123 East 13th Street
45202
Over-the-Rhine
Cincinnati
Ohio
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

170,00 ft
142,00 ft
66,00 ft
1841
1842

Beteiligte Firmen

Franz Ignatz Erd

Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings