ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

New Market Block

Alle 13 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

New Market Block
New Market Theater
234692

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Flachbau
existent [fertiggestellt]
Backstein
weiß dunkelrot
Neo-Renaissance

Nutzung

Gewerbl. Büroflächen

Fakten

  • The building was to be demolished in 1968 before the newly-formed Portland Historic Landmarks Commission stopped the plans for its demise.
  • In 1882, the Portland Symphony started out at New Market Theater.
  • Before the building was built, the site was used as Portland Pioneer Cemetery.
  • The building was originally financed by a local business tycoon named Alexander Ankeny.
  • Due to limited funds the New Market Building changed hands with a lease to the Staver and Walker Company in 1887.
  • The final performance was on October 30, 1887.
  • On the next business day after its final theatre performance concluded, construction began to remodel the theater building into office and warehouse space for farm equipment, November 1, 1887.
  • The south wing of the New Market Block was completed in 1871.
  • The grand opening was on March 24, 1875; although, the north wing construction completed in 1872.
  • The original 1200-seat theater was located on the second and third floor.
  • The building was modelled after The Booth Theatre in New York City.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

50 SW 2nd Avenue
120 SW Ankeny Street
SW 1st Avenue
50 SW 2nd Avenue
97204
Portland
Oregon
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

37,88 ft
3
1872
2002
$100.000

Beteiligte Firmen

Piper & Burton

Anzeigen

2002

Besondere Eigenschaften

  • Eines der bekannten Bauwerke dieser Stadt
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings