ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Dominus Flevit

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Dominus Flevit
Chapel of the Tear, Franciscan Mount of Olives Chapel
כנסיית דומינוס פלוויט
הכנסייה הפרנסיסקנית של הר הזיתים
239303

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Fakten

  • During the works, discovery of ancient Jewish cemeteries from the 1st century BC to 5th AD, meant the site could not have been used by Jewish Priests as previously thought.
  • The existing chapel is built on the ruins of a 5th-century monastery.
  • Named in Latin, meaning "As the Lord wept".
  • The dome in the shape of a tear drop, with phials on the corners, such as women used in antiquity to catch and store their tears.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Mount of Olives
Jerusalem
Mehoz Yerushalayim
Israel

Technische Daten

1
1955
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings