ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Buford Tower

Alle 9 Bilder ansehen Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Buford Tower
Fireman's Practice Tower, 1st Street Training Tower
243156

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Uhren-/Glockenturm
existent [fertiggestellt]

Fakten

  • In 1978 the tower was renamed in honor of Austin fire-fighter Captain James L. Buford who drowned trying to save a young boy in Shoal Creek.
  • The tower was originally used as a fireman's practice tower. Today the tower is closed to the public.
  • The top of the tower has a bell that chimes on the hour.
  • The tower was in use from 1931 to 1978 when the city constructed a new tower in Southeast Austin. The tower is now an official city landmark.
  • Originally used as a fireman's practice tower, it was restored in 1978, was renamed and had its bells installed.
  • Constructed of red brick with limestone accents in the Italianate style, the tower has become a familar sight along Town Lake in downtown.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

201 West Cesar Chavez Street
201 West Cesar Chavez Street
78701
Downtown
Austin
Texas
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

67,00 ft
67,00 ft
6
1931
1978
$6.200
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings