fullheightview-view-from-the-easthttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/398874-Medium-fullheightview-view-from-the-east.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/398874-Large-fullheightview-view-from-the-east.jpgGraaf van Vlaanderenfullheightview-view-from-the-southeasthttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/398887-Medium-fullheightview-view-from-the-southeast.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/398887-Large-fullheightview-view-from-the-southeast.jpgGraaf van Vlaanderentop-looking-up-to-the-never-finished-towerhttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/435014-Medium-top-looking-up-to-the-never-finished-tower.jpghttps://www.emporis.com/images/show/435014-Large-top-looking-up-to-the-never-finished-tower.jpgGraaf van Vlaanderen
* Der Preis versteht sich als Endpreis inklusive gesetzlicher Mehrwertsteuer, Versandkosten und sonstiger Preisbestandteile. Wir sind gesetzlich verpflichtet, Sie darauf hinzuweisen, dass für die angebotenen Downloads keine Liefer- oder Versandkosten anfallen. Beim Herunterladen von Bildern und anderen Medien können jedoch weitere Kosten durch Ihren Internetprovider entstehen.
In 1999, this church was designated a part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The first church on this location was destroyed by fire in 1176.
Several paintings from Flemish masters are on display in this church. Some of them are from master painter Dirk Bouts.
The construction of towers was halted in 1541 at a height of 50 m, after the foundations were considered too weak to support any taller structures. One of the planned towers was to reach a height of 170 m.
After several collapses the towers were lowered in 1641 to the current level.
A second church was built in Romanesque style. At the beginning of the 15th century this building was considered too small and so the construction of the current church started.
Since the architects stayed with the plans of the original design, this church is one of the purest examples of Brabant late gothic architecture.
The main tower has carillon with 49 bells.
The choir constructed by Sulpicius van Vorst was the first finished part.
This church has a collection of silverwork: monstrances and chalices.
Except for three planned towers located at the west façade, the church was finished by the end of the 15th century.
Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?