ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Sint-Niklaaskerk / Eglise Saint-Nicolas

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Sint-Niklaaskerk / Eglise Saint-Nicolas
247684

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]
Gothisch
Aktivheizung (unspezifiziert)
nein

Nutzung

Kirche (Römisch Katholisch)

Fakten

  • Just like many other buildings in Brussels, this church suffered enormously from the religious wars (1579), destruction of Brussels by the French (1695) and the French Revolution.
  • The Chapel of Our Lady at the left side of the choir was built in 1486 by Pierre van Roedingen.
  • In 1868, the remains of ‘the Martyrs of Gorcum’ were placed in a shrine in the church.
  • The choir deviates from the axis of the nave.
  • The church used to have a tower, which collapsed twice: in 1367 and in 1714 (due to the rampage caused by the French in 1695). The tower was never rebuilt.
  • The Gothic choir dates back from 1381 and is the oldest part of the church.
  • The church is surrounded by houses and is merely hundred meters from the historic Towns Square.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Taborastraat / Rue de Tabora
Rue de la Bourse / Beursstraat
Taborastraat / Rue de Tabora
1000
Brüssel
Region Brussel s
Belgien

Technische Daten

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings