ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Bagley Memorial Fountain

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Bagley Memorial Fountain
John Judson Bagley Memorial Fountain
253823

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Brunnen
existent [fertiggestellt]
Neuromanisch

Nutzung

Denkmal

Fakten

  • The fountain measures 21 feet in height, and the basin measures 7 feet across.
  • The fountain was constructed in memory of John Judson Bagley, an early governor of Michigan, who left $5,000 in his will for the construction of decorative, public drinking fountain for Detroit.
  • The fountain is entirely constructed out of pink granite, and was built to resemble a ciborium, a freestanding, vaulted canopy supported by four legs, in Basilica di San Marco in Venice.
  • Four lion-headed spigots are located at the center of the fountain to distribute water. Two of the heads dispense room-temperature water, and the other two dispense cold water.
  • The fountain originally stood at the corner of Woodward Avenue and Fort Street, but was moved to the center of Campus Martius in 1928 after automobile traffic increased at the corner.
  • With the reconstruction of Campus Martius Park, the fountain was moved into storage in 2000. It was then moved to the eastern end of a reconstructed Cadillac Square in 2007.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Caddillac Square Park
48226
Downtown
Detroit
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

1885
$5.000

Beteiligte Firmen

Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings