ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort
Daten als PDF

Lydia Ann Light

Identifikation

Lydia Ann Light
Aransas Pass Light
255126

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Leuchtturm
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Schiffleitung

Fakten

  • The light first came on in 1857.
  • Located on the eastern side of Harbor Island. It is not open to the public.
  • The lens is now kept in the Port Aransas City Hall.
  • In 1972 the lighthouse was restored by then owner Charles C. Butt, the owner of HEB Grocery Stores Inc.
  • Lydia Ann Lighthouse is named in honor of its first keeper.
  • After the damage caused during the Civil War, the tower's brick shaft was reconstructed. The restoration was completed and the light came on again in June 15, 1867.
  • In 1862 during the Civil War a Confederate general and his men attempted to destroy the lighthouse by blowing it up with black powder.
  • The lighthouse was heavily damaged in 1916 by a hurricane; the lighthouse keeper's house was destroyed.
  • The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1952. Today the lighthouse is again in operation for navigation, courtesy of private funding.
  • In 1851 Congress approved $12,500 for funding of the lighthouse.
  • The lighthouse looks over the Lydia Ann Channel a few miles north of Port Aransas. It can be seen from Cotter Street in Port Aransas.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

2 miles northeast on east end of Harbor Island
78336
Aransas Pass
Texas
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

68,00 ft
1855
1972
$12.500
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings