ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Matagorda Island Lighthouse

Daten als PDF

Identifikation

Matagorda Island Lighthouse
255361

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Leuchtturm
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Schiffleitung

Fakten

  • The original lens is at the Calhoun County Museum in Port Lavaca.
  • Following a move in 1873, the lighthouse was increased in height from 65 feet to the present-day height of 79 feet. This created an odd tapered shape to the tower shaft.
  • Owned and maintained by Calhoun County, which in the spring of 2004 completed a $1.2 million project restoring the lighthouse.
  • The lighthouse is the oldest in Texas.
  • In 1965 electric lighting was installed for lighting the lens.
  • The grounds of the lighthouse are open to the public though the structure is not.
  • A height of 92 feet tall is often given for the lighthouse but this is the height of the light above sea level.
  • The lighthouse was not in use from 1995 until the light was relit on December 31, 1999.
  • The original site of the lighthouse was eroded by the sea and in 1866 it was dismantled. It was reassembled in 1873.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Matagorda Island State Park
77982
Port O'Connor
Texas
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

79,00 ft
1852
2004

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings