ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort
Daten als PDF

St. Bonaventure Monastery Chapel

Identifikation

St. Bonaventure Monastery Chapel
Saint Bonaventure Monastery
259529

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]
Backstein
Kalkstein
Mauerwerk
Neugothisch

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • Today the chapel functions primarily as a Franciscan monastery and social center and secondarily as a church.
  • The church originally had a seating capacity of 300, but now seats 250.
  • The chapel's soup kitchen was added in 1913, the two transepts were added between 1925 and 1926, and the Hall for Third Order Franciscans was constructed in 1939.
  • The monastery is Late Gothic Victorian in style, and features a red-brick faced trimmed in limestone.
  • The church is famous in Detroit for its soup kitchen, and has a long history of caring for the poor of Eastside Detroit.
  • This church was never part of the Archdiocese of Detroit, and functions as a Public Chapel having only one mass a week.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

1470 Mount Elliott Street
1470 Mount Elliott Street
48207
Downtown
Detroit
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

1883
1884
1939

Beteiligte Firmen

Peter Dederichs

Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings