ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Point Iroquois Lighthouse

Daten als PDF

Identifikation

Point Iroquois Lighthouse
Point Iroquois Light
260667

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Leuchtturm
existent [fertiggestellt]
Neuromanisch

Nutzung

Schiffleitung

Fakten

  • The United States Coast Guard transferred ownership of the station to the United States Park Service in 1965 to reduce cost, making it part of the Hiawatha National Forest.
  • The station was completely restored in 1983 by the Bay Mills-Brimley Historical Research Society, who leases the property.
  • Though it lies within the postal code for the unincorporated village of Brimley, the lighthouse actually sits 7.4 miles (11.9 kilometers) to the northwest of the small village, near another small, unincorporated village by the name of Bay Mills.
  • The first lighthouse built on this site was a 45-foot rubble tower constructed from 1855 to 1856, but the tower was constructed slowly and torn down in 1869 to make room for the current lighthouse.
  • The station was shuttered in 1962 after the Point Iroquois Lighted Buoy 44 was installed off-shore.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

12942 West Lakeshore Drive
49715
Brimley
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

65,00 ft
65,00 ft
1870
$18.000
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings