ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Michigan State Capitol

Daten als PDF

Identifikation

Michigan State Capitol
Michigan Territorial Courthouse, Union School
265305

Struktur allgemein

Monumentaler Saal
abgerissen [zerstört]
Backstein
Mauerwerk
Neo-klassisch

Nutzung

Kapitol (Region)
Schule Gericht

Fakten

  • The structure was originally built as the Michigan territorial courthouse before Michigan became a state. It was first known as the Territorial Courthouse.
  • The courthouse became a fully functioning state capitol building in 1837 when Michigan gained statehood.
  • The building served as the seat of state government until March 17th, 1847 when the capital of Michigan was moved from Detroit to its permanent home in Lansing.
  • The site of the capitol is now Capitol Park, a public square, which is also the burial site of Michigan's first governor, Stevens T. Mason.
  • After the capital was moved to Lansing, the building served as Detroit's first high school, and as the city's public library until it burned to the ground in 1893.
  • The capitol building was designed in the Greek Revival style, and faced in red brick. It included an Ionic-styled portico, and a tower that rose to a height of 140 feet.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

Capitol Park
48826
Downtown
Detroit
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

140,00 ft
140,00 ft
2
1828
1893
$24.500
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings