ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort

Winchester Cathedral

Daten als PDF Bilder erwerben

Identifikation

Winchester Cathedral
the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity
274633

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Kirche
existent [fertiggestellt]

Nutzung

Kirche

Fakten

  • The current cathedral's foundations were laid in 1079 by Bishop Walkelin and are of Isle of Wight stone; the crypt and transepts date from this period.
  • The cathedral's east end was extended in the 13th century whilst the Nave was remodelled around 1400; other additions have been made over the centuries.
  • The Retrochoir was the site of St. Swithun's shrine until 1538 and contains Britain's largest surviving area of 13th century tiles.
  • The Lady Chapel's walls are adorned with 15th century images of the Blessed Virgin Mary's miracles.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

The Close
SO23
Winchester
England
Großbritannien

Technische Daten

138,52 ft
138,52 ft
560,01 ft
208,01 ft
1079
1400
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings