ok Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Internetseite, um Ihnen einen bestmöglichen Service zu ermöglichen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Ihr Standort
Daten als PDF

Shaw Lane Power Plant

Identifikation

Shaw Lane Power Plant
304929

Karte

Struktur allgemein

Schornstein
abgerissen [zerstört]
Backstein
Neugothisch

Nutzung

Kraftwerk (Kohle)

Fakten

  • This was the fourth power plant constructed for what was then known as Michigan State College. The chimney still bears the initials of the name of the university as it was then known.
  • The power plant was the campuses main power source from its completion until 1975 when the T.B. Simon Power Plant took over energy production for the university.
  • The brick-faced plant was constructed in the Collegiate Gothic style of architecture.
  • The chimney was demolished beginning May 9, 2011, demolition was completed in August of 2011.
  • From 1975 to 2006 the largely vacant structure served as a electrical substation.
  • The power plant's chimney was originally constructed to a height of 250 feet, but the height was lowered by five feet in 1981 when the corbel head was removed from the top of the chimney.

Brauchen Sie mehr Informationen zu dem Gebäude und den beteiligten Firmen?

Mehr Informationen

Ort

West Shaw Lane at Red Cedar Road
48224
East Lansing
Michigan
U.S.A.

Technische Daten

245,00 ft
245,00 ft
1948
1958

Beteiligte Firmen


Anzeigen
Anzeigen
Fehler gefunden?
Related Buildings